Lore Lindu region is a preserved area, part of national park since 1982. Lies in the heart of Sulawesi island; it means this area sits right in the Wallacea region as well. The main area of Lore Lindu located at the three-sister valleys; Bada valley, Besoa valley and Napu valley. More than 200 thousand hectares protected area, where the endemic flora and fauna of Sulawesi live. Anoa or midget buffalo (Bubalus Depressicornis), Tonkean Black Macaque (Macaca Tonkeana), Cuscus (Phalanger Maculatus), Maleo bird (Macrochepalon Maleo), Deer-pig (Babyroussa Babyrussa), and Sulawesi palm civet (Macrogalidia Muschenbroekii) are just to name a few from hundreds of the endemic faunas.
In these three valleys, hundreds of megalithic remnants found. The remnants still leave debate among scientist. Not much can be tell about these megaliths. Even questions on whom made it, why or how it lies there, still not get a satisfying answer. Some scientists tried to connect it with several megalithic remnants in other areas in Indonesia, even with Cambodia and Laos.
Apart from the natural beauties and the megalithic remnants, these valleys are also known to produce bark cloth materials. Only few places left in Indonesia that still does this kind of textile production. The bark cloth dyed in attractive colors and turns it into wearable attires such as headdress, vest and skirt. It will be worn during the celebration or holiday, such as wedding or Christmas celebration. There are several types of tree bark that can be made into fabric such as tree bark of Saeh, Malo, Bea (or Ivo) and Nunu (Banyan). The makers do not cut it from the trunk of the tree as a way to preserve and maintain the health and growth of the tree itself. The makers of this bark cloth still wants to see the trees grow and regenerate. Just as they want to see the next generation of bark clothe makers flourish.
Day 1. Kasiguncu Airport, Poso.
Arrival: Poso. Meals: Lunch, Dinner.
After arrival we will go to Tentena. Lunch in Dodoha Mosintuwu, Tentena and arrive in Gintu, Bada valley in late afternoon. Check-in to each of our host and watching welcome dance and art performance by the locals.
Day 2. Gintu, Bada valley
Meals : Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
After breakfast, we will have a courteous session with our host. Get to know how life goes for them. We will going to the field with each of our hosts. If there is enough time, we can start collecting the basic material to make the bark cloth.
Day 3. Gintu, Bada valley
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Start processing the material for making the bark cloth. In the late afternoon, joining the locals on sports. Dinner at our hosts and bed rest.
Day 4. Gintu, Bada valley
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Learn how to make natural dye and how to apply it on Bark cloth. If there is a wedding ceremony being held nearby, it is possible for us to join the celebration and see how Bark clothes being use on their attires. Dinner at our hosts and bed rest.
Day 5. Gintu and the surrounding forests, Bada valley
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
After breakfast, we will start our Megalithic day-trip in Bada valley. There are many sites to be seen here. Lunch at our host. The day-trip finish in late afternoon. Packing.
Dinner and farewell time with each of our host. After dinner we will head for Poso. Check-in into a hotel in Poso, bed rest.
Day 6. Tentena - Poso - Jakarta
Meals: Breakfast (hotel)
After breakfast, we will go to the Kasiguncu airport. Then fly back to each of our destination.
TRIP SCHEDULE OPTION:
26 – 31 May 2017 | 2 – 7 June 2017 | 23 – 28 June 2017 | 7 – 12 July 2017 | 28 July – 2 August 2017 | 18 – 23 August 2017 | 1 – 6 September 2017 | 22 – 27 September 2017 | 6 – 11 October 2017 | 20 – 25 October 2017 | 10 – 15 November 2017 | 24 – 29 November 2017 | 1 – 6 December 2017 | 15 – 20 December 2017
Participant meet up: At Kasiguncu Airport, Poso.
OPEN TRIP for maximum 8 person. Available for SPECIAL SOLO TRIP and small group.
Price start from: 6,100,000 IDR per person
Down Payment 10% and fully refund if the Open Trip canceled because can't fulfil the minimum quota.
- 1 (one) night hotel in Poso (shared room, 1 room 2 person)
- Land transports during the trip
- Meals as being mentioned
- Giveaways (oleh-oleh) for the Locals
- Traditional performances
- Local guide
- Entrance fees to the Megalithic sites
- Local permit
- Accommodation with local host
Price not included:
- Flight tickets to and from Poso
- Personal Expenses
- Personal interest
- Travel insurance
Things to bring:
- Adequate amount of clothes
- Mosquito net and/or mosquito repellent
- Sleeping bag and small mattress
- Sunblock and a hat or cap
- All terrain running shoes
- Raincoat or small umbrella
- Personal medications
- Personal foods or snacks
- Cash money, since there is no ATM in only 1 (one) Bank BRI ATM in Tentena (3 hours from Bada valley).
- Participant with chronic illness and/or congenital disease obliged to inform to Plesir! before the trip.
- Plesir! is not responsible for the delay/schedule changes/cancelation of flight nor participant's negligence to cause flight changes or cancelation. We will adjust ittinerary as best as possible. Any extra cost will be the responsibility of the participant.
- If participant canceled the trip up until a day before, we will discuss about the refund and Plesir! will do the refund 15 days after the trip is done.
- If there's flight cancelation on the end of the trip that caused extra cost, it will be charged collectively with every participant.
- Sailing, snorkelling, diving (including free diving) and trekking is a high risk activity that can cause small or big injury.
- Your participation is based on your will without any force. Any accident during the trip is under responsibility of each participant. Plesir! will not be sue for any accident, but we will do every precaution act to avoid the risk and give maximum help to overcome.
- We take into consideration every aspect of the trip, but if there's a change because of nature force such as extreme weather that cause trip plan changes, the Plesir! is not taking any blame for this force majeure condition.
- Every optional activities that participant want to have is obliged to be reported to Plesir! before the trip.
- Plesir! is not taking insurance coevrage for this trip.
- We consider the participant is agreed with this General Condition if there's no notification before the trip start.