Being consider as one
of the oldest resident in the Indonesian archipelago, the Mentawai people has
not change dramatically over the years. Many of them, especially those who live
further inland at Siberut island, are still choosing traditional lifestyle. The
usage of poisonous arrows and stone axes for hunting are common in Mentawai.
Practicing shamanism, as being shown by their respect
to the “Sikerei”, is extensive and still surrounding their daily life. Each
existence of the natural element has meaning and purpose for this humble
people. This can be seen in their body art that is consisting line and dot. It
has meaning and purpose - also functioned as 'clothes' for afterlife so their
ancestor can recognize them.
We invite you to join us;
to experience and learn the mystical journey of Mentawai - something that will
give us an astonishing memento. And what is the most possible way to learn but
live with them? Breath the same air, watches the same landscape, eat the same
food, and in the end, see the same reality.Order Form
Day Minus 1. Afternoon or evening Minangkabau International Airport, Padang
Arrive in Padang,
mid-day or late afternoon. Check-in into a Hotel near Muaro Padang. Participant's
briefing during dinner.
Day 1. Padang - Muara Siberut - Uma at Rorogod/Rogdog
Meals : Breakfast (hotel), Lunch, Dinner
After breakfast at the hotel, we are heading to Siberut, using speedboat Mentawai Fast (Padang – Sikabaluan Muara Siberut) 4-5 hours duration. Lunch will be at Sikabaluan.
Arrive in Muara Siberut, then to basecamp for preparation and permits. At around 3 PM leave to Rorogod/Rogdog village by wooden canoes (2 hours). Arrive at the Uma (Traditional Mentawai Communal House).
Day 2. Rorogod/Rogdog to Buttui
Meals : Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
After breakfast we'll continue the journey to deeper land; Buttui. Arrive in the afternoon and start arranging for the hunting session on the next day. The host will teach us how to make poisonous arrow and how to use it. They also will prepare our mental condition.
Dinner in the Uma and bed rest. During the dinner it will be the opportunity to discuss their wisdom and way of life. In this session, most likely the Chief will inform us whether we are eligible or not to join the hunting.
Please, do not take their decision personally.
Day 3. Surrounding jungle of Buttui
Meals : Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
After breakfast, the hunter group will go to forrest to start the adventure. Possibly will take over a night stay in the forrest. For whom not joining them will learn how to traditionally proceed sago. We also can join the female group to gather fish in the river around Uma. In the night. they’ll teach us their traditional ritual and dance to heal and balance.
Day 4. Uma in Buttui
Meals : Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Making a “Kabid” (traditional loincloth from tree bark). When the hunter group back, we will learn on how they proceed and distributed the prey. We also learn about their culinary culture. At night, we’ll celebrate farewell with host and dance.
Day 5. Muara Siberut -
Meals : Breakfast (in Uma), Lunch (at Muara
Siberut), Dinner (in Padang)
After breakfast, we head
back to Muara Siberut and then to the harbour. We take the Mentawai Fast
speedboat back to Padang. Hotel check in for bed rest.
Hari 6. Minangkabau International Airport, Padang.
Makan: Breakfast (hotel)
After breakfast we'll headed to souvenir store then Minangkabau International Airport. Trip ends.
TRIP SCHEDULE OPTION:
30 May – 4 June 2017 | 20 – 25 June 2017 | 27 June – 2 July 2017 | 18 – 23 July 2017 | 1 – 6 Ausgust 2017 | 15 – 20 August 2017 | 29 – 3 September 2017 | 19 – 24 September 2017 | 3 – 8 October 2017 | 24 – 29 October 2017 | 7 – 12 November 2017 | 21 – 26 November 2017 | 28 November – 3 December 2017 | 19 – 24 December 2017
Participant meet up: At Minangkabau International Airport, Padang.
OPEN TRIP for maximum 10 person. Available for SPECIAL SOLO TRIP and small group.
Price start from: 6,100,000 IDR per person
Down Payment 10% and fully refund if the Open Trip canceled because can't fulfil the minimum quota.
- 1 night (2 star) hotel in Padang (shared room, 1
room 2 person)
- Mentawai Fast speedboat (Padang – Muara Siberut –
- Meals as being mentioned
- Giveaways (oleh-oleh) for the Locals
- Accommodations in the Uma
- Local guide
- Long boat
- Local permit
- Group porters
- Land transports in Padang and Muara Siberut
tickets to and from Padang
- Personal porter
Things to bring:
- Adequate amount of clothes
- Mosquito net and/or mosquito repellent
- Sleeping bag and small mattress
- Sunblock and a hat or cap
- All terrain trekking shoes
- Raincoat or small umbrella
- Personal medications
- Personal foods or snacks
- Cash money, since there is only 1 (one) Bank Nagari
ATM in Muara Siberut
- Participant with chronic illness and/or congenital disease obliged to inform to Plesir! before the trip.
- Plesir! is not responsible for the delay/schedule changes/cancelation of flight nor participant's negligence to cause flight changes or cancelation. We will adjust ittinerary as best as possible. Any extra cost will be the responsibility of the participant.
- If participant canceled the trip up until a day before, we will discuss about the refund and Plesir! will do the refund 15 days after the trip is done.
- If there's flight cancelation on the end of the trip that caused extra cost, it will be charged collectively with every participant.
- Sailing, snorkeling, diving (including free diving) and trekking is a hih risk activity that can cause small or big injury.
- Your participation is based on your will without any force. Any accident during the trip is under responsibility of each participant. Plesir! will not be sue for any accident, but we will do every precaution act to avoid the risk and give maximum help to overcome.
- We take into consideration every aspect of the trip, but if there's a change because of nature force such as extreme weather that cause trip plan changes, the Plesir! is not taking any blame for this force majeure condition.
- Every optional activities that participant want to have is obliged to be reported to Plesir! before the trip.
- Plesir! is not taking insurance coverage for this trip.
- We consider the participant is agreed with this General Condition if there's no notification before the trip start.
- Participants with chronic or congenital disease have to inform Spektakel Plesir! in writing prior to the trip.
- Spektakel Plesir! are not responsible for delays / changes of flight schedule or missing the flight due to the participants’ oversight. The travel plan will be modified properly in case of delay / change of flight schedule. Any additional costs incurred due to missing the flight will be charged to the participants.
- In case of flight cancellation on the departure day, any matters related to the participation in the trip have to be discussed first. If the final decision is to cancel/postpone the trip, refund of the trip expenses will be distributed after recalculation of the refundable fees to the participants is made.
- In case of flight cancellation on the return day that results in additional cost, discussion will be held to share the cost with other participants.
- Sailing, snorkeling, diving (including free-diving), trekking, hunting, and other activities done during the trip are high-risk activities that can produce minor or major incident.
- Registration and participation in this trip are done with the full consent of the participants without any coercion. Accidents that occur during the trip are the responsibility of the participants. Spektakel Plesir! are not to be sued in the event of accident. However, Spektakel Plesir! will help as far as possible if this happens.
- Every trip schedule has been well planned in consideration of nature and weather condition, but if extreme weather changes take place during the trip, resulting in changes and/or cancellation of the trip, Spektakel Plesir! cannot be condemned for this force majeure.
- Various additional activities (optional) to be done during the trip have to undergo the confirmation of Spektakel Plesir! prior to departure.
- This trip is protected by local travel insurance.
- Trip participants are considered to agree with the General Terms of this trip in case of the lack of email/confirmation to Spektakel Plesir! prior to the departure day regarding the aforementioned conditions.